Friday, December 10, 2010

Francesca's Forno




I've been dying to try the Francesca's in Wicker Park, Forno. This is one of the many Francesca chains in the Chicagoland area. Can you believe that I haven't gone to any of them? Well my friend from Buffalo was in town and I was looking for a nice Italian joint for ladies night out to sip on some wine and feast before heading over to my favorite place, The Violet Hour. I made reservations on Open Table, and they were very accommodating when I called to tell them we were running late. The vibe in the restaurant was lively, almost every table filled on a Friday night. I like that the windows face Damen, Milwaukee and North which make for great people watching. And at this corner there are lots of characters to check out!

The menu was great, split up the usual Italian way - by hot/cold apps, pasta, chicken and fish. I found the specials to really catch my eye and the wine list is, of course, ample. So far so good, minus the residue of the end of a bottle left in my friends glass! ick! But otherwise the wine was delish.

We chose the pizza with truffle oil and mushrooms. I forgot the name of the cheese here but it was def. aromatic and delish. My friends both chose the pasta specials and I got the risotto special. I should have written sooner bc i forgot the ingredients. Rats!

Anyways, Italian is Italian and usually amazzzing if the service and ambiance fits. This place hit all the good points and now I'm intriqed to try the other francescas!
Bouna Sera!

Francesca's Forno on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. That pizza looks awesome with that charred crust! Must be a wood-burning oven?

    Just a note...your blog doesn't have an option to leave a comment using Name/URL. I used my Typepad account here, but I'm closing that down shortly and after that, I won't be able to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...organizing Chicago food/drink bloggers get-together. would be great if you could join. Can't find your email! email or DM me? http://www.passportdelicious.com

    ReplyDelete