Saturday, August 27, 2011

Nola - Palo Alto

Hey there! So here it is, my first posting on a local Cali joint, Nola in downtown Palo Alto. Downtown Palo Alto is basically one street (University Avenue) which hosts several restaurants and shops mostly to the well-to-do locals and the Stanford University students. It's really cute actually. And probably the closest thing I'll get to Division St. :/


Nola is a chain from the Avenir Restaurant group that also owns a couple other joints. Here they serve what they call "Cajun con Fusion", a mix of Cajun, creole and southern cuisine. I don't get why so many restaurants these days are "fusion" or "contemporary". Make up your mind and stick to it!

My friend and I both ordered the BBQ pulled pork sandwich. It comes on a pretty boring roll, with bbq sauce, spiced cabbage, pickled red onions, tomatoes and jalapeƱo rings. Not bad, minus the boring bread. I got the fried green tomatoes (not cooked enough) and she got the sweet potato fries (yum-o). For drinks my friend got a really tasty sangria and I ordered a ginger-lemonade concoction that was also pretty good. I think for dinner the prices were just a tad over what I would expect for the food, and the drinks were also over-priced for what you get.

I love the courtyard, very New Orleans. We sat up top and it made for good people watching. All-in all a cute little place. The food is decent, but nothing to rave about. Coming back I might do lunch minus the drinks.


Here is to more dining in the Bay Area! xoxo


Nola on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment