Monday, October 4, 2010

Mezé

I miss you bloggy.
I Just got back from a 2-week vacation to Iran so it has been awhile. Well, actually I got back 2 weeks ago. But between starting classes again (yup, doing the PH.D thing), quitting my full time job (tears), and looking for a part-time gig to stay afloat, it has been a busy couple weeks. Upon our return I happened to turn 26 (bleh). I really didn't want to celebrate or do anything special this year but when it came down to it a girl's got to eat right? We decided to check out Meze in the West Loop.

Mezé  is a gorgeous tapas space in the West Loop tucked away between the lofts and warehouses. If you don't hear about it my word of mouth you probably would never know it exists. I've been here for drinks at the bar but never had the food. The place is really pretty, and I have to start taking pictures of the interiors of places I visit.

We ordered off the 4$ happy hour menu...


 
Greek Pommes Frites

 
Hummas

 
Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas


 
Spicy Grilled Sausages

 Spicy Potatoes 
 
Vegetarian Thai Rolls

Beef Sliders


Pork Skewers



The happy hour menu is very eclectic. They call it Mediterranean, but to be honest any restaurant that boosts this title better know what they are talking about. Most of the time it seems to be a cover up for indecisiveness. It's like, "hey, we have a little bit of everything lets just call it Mediterranean". Lame.
I did like the friendly price. And it was fun to relax and unwind. But the food wasn't memorable. I'll come back for drinks but not for the food.


No comments:

Post a Comment