Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rosebud on Rush





  

Viva al fresco dining! Well, al fresco with a heavy winter scarf and jacket. Chicago! Stop being a spaz and faking me out, warm up already! Anyways. Did you know the Rosebud on Rush st. has 5$ burgers during weekday lunch hours (11am-3pm)? Music to my ears. I checked out the deal a couple days ago and while the sun was out decided to brave the brisk Michigan Lake winds and sit outside. The patio makes for some great people watching (que ladies in lovely Louboutin's walking into the Peninsula). For start a nice olive oil and parmesan spread with warm bread. Mmm. I love me some good, really quality EVOO. And this was it. I forgot to ask what it was since the waiter promptly removed it but it was lemony and very tasty. I wish he kept it around!

A nice minestrone soup to warm me up. My company ordered a chopped chicken salad which was pretty darn good. And finally my burger. Totally hit the spot. I can't compare it to Kuma's burgers but I can say it made me completely happy in the moment. What a great deal for 5$. I liked the bread they used and the cheddar cheese was super tasty. Check it out if you are around during lunch, and here's to hoping for more al fresco dining!



No comments:

Post a Comment