Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sprout







 
My sister and I took my mom to Sprout for mother's day brunch. Sprout is Dale Levitski's creation which opened up somewhat recently in Lincoln Park. They just started doing the adult-only brunch so I figured what a great opportunity to try something new and enjoy some time with my mom. 

This was possibly the best brunch I've had in sometime. The restaurant is cozy, with an atrium in the front and huge bar in the main dining room. I like the manly decor but it did remind me of a cheesy-vegas restaurant as well. The art was somewhat standard and bland, a lot of cream and browns. 

 We started with some coffee and I ordered the "Afternoon delight". This was a cocktail made with frenet, raspberry, basil fennel syrup and prosecco. Very tasty, and very strong. I loved the coffee as well, nothing like a good strong cup to start brunch. We ordered the bacon buns to start. Wow were they tasty. Soft buns with a surprise of bacony awesomeness in the center. My only wish was that there were more of them. 1-per person was just a tease! 

My mom ordered the sausage, "Biscuts and gravy" with buttermilk, apple, fennel and onion. I don't get the quotes around most of the dishes. I mean, I get it but I don't think it is necessary. The sausage was yummy and I loved the taste of fennel. My sister ordered the curry "shrimp & grits" with edamame, carrots and cilantro. This was so yummy. Very spicy but great taste of curry with the shrimp. And I ordered the Lingonberry "french toast" with peanut butter, 5 spice, banana, pan d'Mie and a fruit salad. I loveeeed my french toast. After half-way I started getting overwhelmed by the sweetness but I switched dishes with my sister and was happy. I love sweet for brunch but this was overload.


I really like sprout. And the brunch was just perfection. The service was also wonderful, very attentive and friendly. I would love to come back!


Sprout on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. this place sounds wonderful! i like the idea of a "adults only" brunch too ha

    the banana republic event is at the michigan ave. store! hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete