Wednesday, September 21, 2011

{12 hours in Napa}

  
A lovely view of the entrance of Round Pond. One of my favorite spots of the day. 

Wine tasting at Round pond, overlooking the vineyards and the owners homes. Their children live in nearby houses. How cute!
A trio of wine and samples of food picked straight from the garden. <3
Loved everything about this moment.

An incredibly delicious sampling of  the 2007 vintage at Opus One.  
Cabernet Sauvignon 79%, Merlot 8%, Cabernet Franc 6%, Petit Verdot 6% and Malbec 1% = heaven.

A light snack at Auberge du Soleil to keep us going.
For only $500-$700 a night you get an amazing view of Napa, and a pool fit for a Queen (or King).

 
After a scenic drive from Napa to Sonoma, per recommendations we found our way to the Glen Ellen Inn. And feasted on saffron mussels and grilled salmon. 
Can't wait to be back... and to think I traded in the Kinzie bridge for the rolling Mountains? 
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. looks divine! i missed opus one during our trip sadly. there's always next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sahar its Vanessa H. from BDA (Yesenia showed me your blog) I love it! I especially love that you drove from Napa to Sonoma because I too will be embarking on this little adventure in 2.5 weeks! So excited! Can you make some recomendations on wineries and how to get to and from? Much appreciated! Love your pics and reviews, keep blogging! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Vanessa!!! send me an email to: my last name. first name @ gmail.com I'd love to give you some recommendations.

      Delete