Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Your Guide to Restaurant Week 2011

People have been asking me where I'm going this year for Restaurant Week... well you'll just have to wait and see. But I can tell you if you haven't made reservations yet here are some ways to pick your restaurants. First, check out the promotional menu on Restaurant Week's website. You should find a link, and for the restaurant's without a special menu, I'd be concerned because that means they are going off their already priced menu (what's the point then?).
Next take a look at their regular priced menu. Notice any major changes? If not, then pick another restaurant. They are missing the whole point of restaurant week; to get you in and save you some cash.
When you've finally arrived at your restaurant (I'd recommend steak houses or higher rated places that give you your money's worth) make sure you pick the more pricey, higher quality items like steaks or seafood. That's another way to get your money's worth.
Here is a fun calculator that I found that gives you the best and worst of this years Restaurant Week menus from A.V. Club Chicago. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment