Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gluttony

So over the weekend Warren and I decided to check out Brazzaz- the Brazilian steakhouse. It was one of the restaurants you could choose from on Chicago Restaurant week. For a week and a half restaurant week lets you choose from a list of prix fixe menus. I walk by this place frequently and have always wanted to give it a try. The bottom line is this- the waiters bring out skewers of different types of meat, and it's  unlimited!! I must admit I'm not meat obsessed - but who doesn't love a nice bloody steak once in awhile?

Walking into this place was a trip- heaven for the average obese American. We weren't seated until an hour after our reservations, but that didn't seem to bother us (the tasty mojito and marg helped). The waiter came by to explain the process and pointed us towards the unlimited salad bar. This included ahi tuna, sushi, veggies, cheeses, salami and an olive bar. After a plate to get us started we eagerly flipped our coins to "yes, please", bring on the meat!! It was pure gluttony. Filet Mignon, lamb, pork chops, house special, t-bone, etc. The Argentinian merlot I choose to wash this down with turned to two, and the jeans unbuttoned. Ugh. Towards the end of our 2 hour dinning experience Warren and I sat dumbfounded and dizzy. Too much meat.
As indulgent and tasty as it was, I don't think I'll be back... for awhile anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment