Friday, February 26, 2010

Chicago Chef Week

 


Today at work a co-worker of mine (Jessica) shared her dining experience at Boka, which she had thru Chicago Restaurant week. I was slightly disappointed that my reservations at The Penninsula's Lobby wouldn't be honored this Sunday (don't ask), and rather than try one of the more favored restaurants we instead went to Brazzaz. Restaurant week was a bit of a bummer for me. However, Jessica really got me excited when she shared the list of restaurants who are participating in Chicago Chef Week. What's this you say? Another week of prix-fixe menus that my salary and my stomach can look forward to! Thus far reservations have been made for Boka and Blackbird. I've been dying to go back to Blackbird for some time now! I will keep you posted.

If you are able to grab a copy of Crain's Chicago Business magazine a full four pages are dedicated to highlighting Chicago's "Best Restaurants for Business". Here they discuss how fixed-price menus have helped bring in more business at many of Chicago's fine restaurants. It's true, the economy has caused many to cut down on eating out so why wouldn't restaurateurs want this option. For example Blackbird offers a 22$ prix fixe lunch, which includes all apps and entrees. Cafe des Architects offers a superb 22$ four-course bento box-style lunch. And many fine restaurants like Seasons Lounge, The Purple Pig, Sepia, and The Signature Room at the 95th (Hancock) have lowered the cost of their entrees. 

This goes to show you can eat out on a budget. 
Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment